This is a bid farewell to my 20s and celebrate my 30th birthday.I have been reflecting on how I feel about this ,about the number 30 ,this arbitrary age that seems to represent so much and inspired such a range of emotional responses .Ive noticed that some of my friends have dreaded their 30th birthdays as if the loss of ones 20s is something to mourn .I see it differently .As a wise person once said ,we should “not regret growing older ..it is a privilege denied to many “.Ponder that for a moment .To grow older ,to experience more ,to learn more ,to spend more time with loved ones is indeed a privilege.
More than that though ,if given the choice ,I don’t think I’d turn the clock back .I like who I am at just 30 .This woman knows who she is ,she is more STRONGER ,WISER and more COMFORTABLE in her own skin than the 20 year old woman ,she once was and she is certainly more CONFIDENT than she was at 20 .She knows what matters and who matters and she knows what she wants ..
As my 30th birthday apply and I am grateful for what I’ve learned up to this point and look forward to the lessons that await me too .Here are 30 lessons I’ve learned so far ,from women far wiser than me and from my own 29 trips around the sun ;
30 LESSONS I HAVE LEARNT ;
- DO WHAT YOU LOVE Write down your goals everyday ,just take out your journal and write down what your passionate about and when you do your will life will start to change ..magical things will start to happen
- EMBRACE YOUR FAILURES. It’s okay to fail ,our failures help us course correct our way of success .The most successful people in the world fail past and fail often ,WHY ..because every failure is a lesson learned and every lesson learned gets us one step closer to success . Fall down 7 times get up 8
- PRAY Put God first in whatever you do .
- COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS. Practice gratitude
- SURROUND YOURSELF WITH POSITIVE PEOPLE . Don’t let negative people bring you down .
- BE HAPPY. Golden handcuffs are still handcuffs because you u’ve got a good job . “If you’re not happy ,make a change .Life is too short to be unhappy .”
- STOP COMPARING YOURSELF TO OTHERS.
- TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF. Self care is not selfish ,it’s necessary ,when you truly take care of you ,you are truly able to to care for others .
- ACCEPT AND EMBRACE CHANGE.
- HARD WORK PAYS. Talent can only get you so far but it’s the work that ultimately creates the life you want .
- LOVE YOUR FLAWS. Stop chasing perfection .No one expects you to be perfect anyway (if they do kick em to the curb !) be okay with okay !
- MONEY DOESN’T BUY HAPPINESS. Research has suggested that once one’s income level climbs above the poverty level ,more money results in very little extra happiness ..
- NOT EVERYONE WILL LIKE YOU . But not everyone matters ,besides life isn’t a popularity contest and your not a competing for miss congeniality.
- UNPLUG ONCE IN A WHILE. Travel as often as you can , put you phone down ,take a break from your mails and social media .
- PROFITS ARE BETTER THAN WAGES. In a nutshell ,”Live on Less than you make “ wages are earned in by the hour ,profits are earned while you sleep . As an entrepreneur this is still the hardest part and still learning . Putting this idea into action literally took me from bankruptcy and improved and saved my business.
- SETTLE FOR MORE . The only difference between you and someone you envy is that they decided to settled for more in life than you did .
- ADMIT WHEN YOUR WRONG. It won’t make you less of a person saying sorry .
- LOVE. Don’t miss the chance to tell family and friends you love them often ,for life is short and unpredictable.
- SUPPORT OTHER WOMEN . Celebrate their success and mentor younger women .
- NETWORK, DREAM BIG AND STAY FOCUSED
- MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS
- MAKE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE ,with every decision you make volunteer ,Be there and support .
- LEARN TO SAY “YES” To what will feed your soul ,say yes to the things that set your soul on FIRE .
- DARE TO BE DIFFERENT People who change the world and accomplish incredible things are usually different from everyone else .
- READ MORE BOOKS .
- GET ENOUGH SLEEP
- LEARN TO HARNESS POSITIVITY FROM THE NEGATIVE.
- SMILE ..SMILE .. first impression is always best impression..so keep smiling !Beauty is power ,a smile is it’s sword .
- TAKE ACTION EVEN WHEN SCARY ..Be fearless .
BRING IT ON 30 !!!!!
Live life live you give a damn . Life is a choice so is happiness ,you can choose to be happy ,right here ,right now -this is what it means to live like you give a damn ..Remember “your the author of your destiny “.
Thank you for stepping by ..xoxo